Parent Teacher Association of the Khartoum American School
The name of the Association shall be the KAS Parent Teacher Association (PTA).
Goals of the PTA
The Parent Teacher Association is an informal association that consists of parents, teachers and school staff.
The goals include:
- Promote volunteerism of parents, teachers and staff.
- Promote close co-operation and communication between parents, school management, teaching staff and the school board.
- Enhance and promote the involvement of parents and teachers in the school as a community
- Support the school in a variety of ways both through fundraising and by improving school spirit.
- Promote family values and to make KAS a home away from home.
The PTA strives to achieve these goals through informal, social activities in and outside the premises of the school in which parents, teachers and students have the opportunity to get to know each other outside the official structures of school.